Educatorsí Frequently asked questions about DeVry University.
If youíre wondering whether DeVry University would be a good option for your students as they consider attending college and getting started in a solid career, read on and find answers to all the questions youíve been curious about.
- Is DeVry a University or a Trade School?
- What kinds of degree programs does DeVry University offer?
- What makes DeVry Universityís degree programs so unique?
- How does DeVry University deliver its coursework?
- Does DeVry University have a campus?
- Do DeVry University graduates get good jobs?
- Can DeVry University help defray the cost of college with financial aid?
- How does DeVry University approach the interview process?
Is DeVry a University or a Trade School?
DeVry University is a university and confers Associate, Bachelorís and Masterís degrees in a variety of disciplines. DeVry is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association (www.ncahlc.org). This is the same organization that accredits other prestigious public and private universities.
What kinds of degree programs does DeVry University offer?
Many people believe that DeVry University is all about technology. But the university is about much more than that. At DeVry University, students can earn a degree in Business and Management, Technology, Healthcare Technology or Media Arts. We offer associate degree programs such as Accounting and Web Graphic Design; a variety of bachelor's degree programs including Business Administration and Game & Simulation Programming; and numerous master's degree programs including those through DeVry Universityís Keller Graduate School of Management.
What makes DeVry Universityís degree programs so unique?
DeVry University offers career-oriented education. This means that our degree programs are designed and updated regularly with input from industry leaders. The programs combine current theory and practical knowledge in a Ďlearn-by-doingí environment so students are ready to make a contribution in the workforce from their first day on the job. Many classes involve working in labs to get the hands-on experience needed to fully understand the concepts being taught.
Additionally, class sizes at DeVry University are small so students receive individual attention from our faculty who really take care to help students stay the course to graduation. Most of our professors have worked in the industries in which they instruct so they can provide valuable insight about real-world careers.
How does DeVry University deliver its coursework?
At DeVry University, students can choose to study in the classroom at one of 95+ locations around North America. Or, they can choose to take all or some of their courses online. Students choose the online option for a variety of reasons Ė including flexibility of scheduling and course availability.
Does DeVry University have a campus?
DeVry has 23 Campuses and more than 70 Center locations. Campuses are full-service locations complete with admissions, financial aid and career services offices, libraries, study areas, computer and electronics labs, cafeterias and common areas, tutoring facilities and much more. Centers are typically smaller and are located conveniently throughout major metropolitan areas.
Do DeVry University graduates get good jobs?
Employers want DeVry University graduates. More than 90% of our new graduates quickly land jobs in their fields of study within six months of graduation (learn more). This is a testament to the fact that DeVry University teaches what companies are looking for. Our undergraduate degree programs in business, technology, healthcare technology and management are market-current. DeVry University graduates leave school well-prepared to enter the workforce and begin contributing immediately.
Can DeVry University help defray the cost of college with financial aid?
More than 85% of DeVry University students receive some form of financial aid to attend school. We go above and beyond to help our students identify sources of funding to pay for college. There are all kinds of options — federal and state grants, federal and private loans, scholarships and special grants — for qualifying students to consider as they figure out ways to pay for school. DeVry University Financial Aid advisors can help direct students in the right direction based on their individual situations.
How does DeVry University approach the interview process?
DeVry University uses the interview to determine a studentís best choice of degree program, motivation for attending college (parents, peers, career) and if there are any roadblocks to attending and graduating (such as finances and past school history). To help arrive at those answers, we ask questions about the following:
- Career aspirations, including what interests the student most and why.
- Employment plans, including where the student works currently and if the student plans to work while attending school.
- Previous education, including high school graduation information, highest level of math completed, ACT/SAT scores if taken, classes the student likes most and least, types of classes the student has taken and extracurricular activities involvement.
- Education goals, such as what motivated the studentís interest in DeVry, who will help the student make the college decision, what degree program the student desires and why, what the student is looking for in a college, what are the studentís long-term goals, will the student need housing assistance and is there anyone in the studentís life who may prevent him or her from going to college.
- Financing information, including whether the student has any financial plans in place to pay for college, if the student has applied for any scholarships or grants, if the studentís or parentís company offers tuition reimbursement, if the student has ever applied for or considered applying for federal financial aid, and whether the student or parents have any other resources available to help with educational expenses.
DeVry University is the right fit for many. The interview will help the student and DeVry University determine if itís right for them.
If you have additional questions about DeVry University, you can visit other sections of our web site at www.devry.edu or you can call 888.DEVRY.04 for more information.