DeVry University Advantage Academy
Available to qualified Columbus and Chicago Public School students*, Advantage Academy enables students to take college courses — and actually earn an associate degree in Network Systems Administration or Web Graphic Design—all while still in high school.
One of the fastest growing career segments, Network System Administration (NSA) professionals set up and administer networks for virtually any type of company or organization. This program helps students get a jumpstart in this booming career field.
Another fast growing career segment, Web Graphic Design (WGD) professionals produce high-quality, web-enabled graphics and develop all types of graphic media including web pages, marketing collateral, advertising, instructional material, and multimedia projects. Upon completion of your web graphic design associate degree program, you will have created a wide array of design samples to build a full professional portfolio.
- Dual enrollment. Take both college and high school courses throughout your junior and/or senior year of high school. In addition to your regular school day, you'll attend DeVry University classes at the Chicago Campus or the Columbus Campus.
- Accelerated education. Get a head start on your college education and your career. You can graduate high school with a diploma and an associate degree in Network Systems Administration or Web Graphic Design (Chicago only).
- Eligible college-level courses at no tuition cost. Tuition, books and technology charges for all eligible courses are paid for by the Chicago Board of Education, Columbus City Schools, and DeVry University.
- Professional educators. Board-certified public school teachers and DeVry University professors ensure a top-notch education.
- Personalized support. From university services, library and lab access, tutoring, and mentoring, you can get the individualized support you need.
- Experiential learning. Our solid curriculum has been developed with industry input so you'll learn the skills needed to bridge the gap between high school and college and the working world.
- Continuous learning. Once you earn an associate degree through Advantage Academy, you can continue your university education. Earn a bachelor's degree from DeVry University in as few as one year or contact another college or university to inquire about transfer credit options.
To be eligible to apply for the DeVry University Advantage Academy, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Chicago Public School or Columbus City School student who has successfully completed required 9th and 10th grade courses by June 2010. (Columbus City School students also must have passed the Ohio Graduation Test.)
- Have a minimum high school cumulative grade point average of 2.5 and a 90% attendance rate.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in applying, you'll need to complete the following steps:
- Attend an information session with a parent or guardian
- Complete the Advantage Academy application
- Meet enrollment standards of DeVry University’s admissions test
- Demonstrate completion of course prerequisites
- Submit completed recommendation form
To learn more about DeVry University Advantage Academy, including information session dates, please contact the DeVry University campus below to speak to a representative.
DeVry University Chicago Campus
3300 N. Campbell Ave.
Chicago, IL 60618
DeVry University Columbus Campus
1350 Alum Creek Dr.
Columbus, OH 43209